Research on KSM-66 Ashwagandha
Ixoreal is the industry leader in clinical trials and basic research investigating the effectiveness of ashwagandha. It collaborates with major academic and research institutes. All of Ixoreal-partnered clinical studies follow gold standards of substantiation: randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled designs.
For a herb to operate at a systemic level, it needs a complex blend of phytochemicals with a wide range of actions on the human body. Ashwagandha is one of the very few herbs in the world with a complex blend of this type. As ashwagandha operates at the systemic level, it has 20+ distinct applications described in herbal medicine textbooks. Our research studies focus on the main applications as listed below.
• (i) Anxiety- and Stress-Relief: A study published in the “Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine” shows that KSM-66 achieves a highly significant reduction in stress and anxiety, and serum cortisol levels (27.9% reduction).
• (ii) Cognition and Memory: This study showed statistically significant improvement in key components of Wechsler Memory Scale, executive function and attention using KSM-66.
• (iii) Energy and Stamina: This study evaluated improvement induced by an exercise regimen in healthy athletes with and without KSM-66 supplementation. Athletes taking KSM-66 showed substantially higher improvement in cardio respiratory endurance (VO2max) and self-assessed scores on the WHO Quality of Life Questionnaire.
• (iv) Sexual Function and Testosterone Levels in Men: This study published in “Evidence-Based Complimentary and Alternative Medicine” showed that KSM-66 yielded significant increase in semen volume, sperm concentration and motility, serum LH and testosterone.
• (v) Stress, Weight-Management and General Well-Being: Subjects taking KSM-66 for 60 days were seen to have lower stress scale responses, cortisol levels and BMI, and improved score on the Oxford Happiness Scale.
• (vi) Muscle Strength, Muscle Size, Muscle Recovery and Testosterone: KSM-66 was found to be effective in healthy athletic adults in improving maximum resistance load, muscle recovery and key hormone levels.
• (vii) Female Sexual Function: This study showed improvements in female sexual health as measured by some metrics commonly employed by gynaecologists to assess desire, arousal, lubrication, satisfaction and orgasm.
• (viii) Lifespan Extension: An animal study published in the “Annals of Neuro-sciences” demonstrated KSM-66 Ashwagandha increasing life span by 21%. It used Caenorhabditis Elegans worms, because their metabolic processes are similar to those of humans. The species was provided by the U.S. Federal Government’s National Institutes of Health.
• (ix) Immunity-Building: In this study on Swiss albino mice, KSM-66 was shown to inhibit neutropenia induced by cyclophosphamide. Neutrophil count loss was just 33% of the loss in the drug-induced control group and significantly better than with generic ashwagandha.
* Please contact us at email@example.com for more information on ongoing studies, published papers and technical reports on KSM-66.